Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mystic Merlin Mallow is Blooming!

I'm really thrilled about this plant, especially since I grew it from seed last spring. It only bloomed once last year, just two small flowers. Well, what a difference a year makes! It is gorgeous now.
Some sites say this Malva sylvestris 'Mystic Merlin' is edible, which is why I originally bought it for my potager. But other sites say it is poisonous, so I'm not sure what to do! I think for now, at least until baby arrives, I won't be trying it. But I'm still glad I grew it since it is such a pretty plant.

1 comment:

Tami said...

That is a gorgeous flower!

Creative Commons License
Grow Peace Dance is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at grow-peace.blogspot.com.