2010 PLANTING PLAN
1. BED ONE (large + fence) 42 x 94.5 = 3.5' x 7.9' = 27.6' = 27.5'
Summer: Trombonchino squash, 2 italian frying, 2 green bell, 2 red or something bell peppers
2. BED TWO (small + fence) 31.5 x 46 = 2.6' x 3.8' = 9.8 sq ' = 10'
Spring: mustard greens
Summer: cucumbers & endives
In front of beds 1 & 2: gem marigolds
Front: calendula bed
Fence: climbing nasturtiums
3. BED THREE (small) 31.5 x 47.5 = 2.6' x 3.9' = 10.14 = 10'
Spring & Summer: Strawberries and Chard
Behind bed three: Chamomile & Borage, lavender
4. BED FOUR (large) 58.5 x 126 = 4.9' x 10.5' = 51.45' = 51.5'
Spring: radishes & arugula
Summer: soybeans, cavili squash (Parthenocarpic), Chinese cabbage, hot pepper
fall: lettuce, carrots & turnips
OTHER SIDE OF YARD
5. BED FIVE (large + fence)
Spring: peas, radishes
Summer: tomatoes & jalapeno
6. BED SIX (large + fence) 39" x 94" - 3' x 7' - 21 sq '
Spring: Carrots & turnips
Fall: arugula, mustard greens, mache
nearby: bush nasturtiums
7. BED SEVEN (shade, in ground)
Same perennials - ferns, mint, shisho (will hopefully reseed), yarrow, anise hyssop
8. NEW BED EIGHT:
Summer: Emerite beans & leeks, basil
Well, that was easier than last year. I already went and bought all my seeds! Good thing too because the squash I wanted was only sold by one place, I'm sure it will sell out. Here's what I bought, and that's all I'll need. Everything else I have saved from last year.
- Cucumbers - Diva (slicer), Cool Breeze & Rocky (both mini picklers). All 3 are Parthenocarpic.
- Endive (witloof) - Totem OG
- Nasturtiums, climbing - Jewel of Africa
- Nasturtiums, bush- Kaleidscope OG
- Summer squash, bush - Cavili, also Parthenocarpic
- Chinese cabbage - Lettucy type
- Carrots - Napoli OG
- Leeks - King Richards (early & long) & Giant Musselburgh (old heirloom, very winter hardy)