Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Turnip Harvest Even Better This Year

I thought last year's turnips were pretty spectacular, but this year they really outdid themselves! I left my finger in the picture for size comparison. Just look at the size of these!!

I only harvested the biggest ones that day. It was June 12th. There are still quite a few nice sized ones left in the bed for later - I'd say this was maybe a little over 1/3 of the bed. I think I'll pick them in the next week or two before they get too woody and bitter in all of this heat. The ones pictured above tasted great steamed and mashed with potatoes.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Grow Peace Dance is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at grow-peace.blogspot.com.