Thursday, May 6, 2010

Self-sown Nasturtiums

Nasturtiums are supposed to self-seed, but I read they are a little finiky and won't always do it. I wasn't able to save any seeds last year, because it was hard to get them ripe enough and I just didn't have the motivation to tie baggies on them or anything. So I wasn't sure what I'd get this year and bought seeds anyway.

Now I'm happy to report at least a couple did self-sow. The funny thing is, 3 out of the 4 or 5 of the plants grew inside the holes of the concrete blocks, not in the bed!

That's ok though, I left them there anyway and will just train them over onto the fence. I'm hoping maybe a few more will pop up when the weather gets warmer, guess we'll see.


1 comment:

forever growing said...

It seems funny to me to see you planyt in the blocks, I thought I was the only one that did that. I planted thyme and oregano in them so they would come back every year. And now they just trllis down the front and you don't see the stone.

Creative Commons License
Grow Peace Dance is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at grow-peace.blogspot.com.