Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tip Top Turnips Again

I had a successful turnip crop last year, and sure enough, this week I pulled half the row and they grew beautifully again! Even better that last year - some were huge! I put my hand in the picture so you can see the size:I mashed them with an equal amount of potatoes, a little bit of Earth Balance vegan butter and Silk soy creamer. A good shake of smoked salt & black pepper = heaven! I even had a bowl for breakfast the next day haha. The nice thing about turnips is they are so low in calories (only 36 per cup), so it makes mashed potatoes a lot friendly to my diet, but even better tasting. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the greens, where most of the vitamins are. They're washed and ready to go in the fridge.


No comments:

Creative Commons License
Grow Peace Dance is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at grow-peace.blogspot.com.