Wednesday, August 24, 2011

July Harvests

I feel really bad about neglecting my blog all summer! I can't believe it has flown by so quickly. We've had lots of fun taking K. to the beach, boardwalk, hiking, and swimming in the pool.

Unfortunately the garden was not as great as all that. It was another relatively unlucky year, with a 106 degree heatwave killing the blackberries again, a gopher devouring all my green beans and cucumbers, blight on the tomatoes, mislabeled peppers, carrots choked out by weeds and now I've even got poison ivy but can't identify where it is in the yard. Yeesh! Lately I've felt like plowing it all under and replacing it with sod! Of course I'm not going to do that, but I may downsize to just one side of the yard. We'll see how I feel.

In any case, here is a photo roundup of pretty much everything I harvested in July. At least there was something, I guess!

 Albino Peppers
 Little Dickens and Cubanelle Peppers
 Tiny Jalapeno's (Supposed to be Grandpa's Favorite)
 Very Spiny Cool Breeze Cucumbers (All I got before Gophocalypse)
 Genovese Basil
 Aunt Mollie's Ground Cherries
 Napoli Carrots & Gold Ball Turnips
Good ol Purple Top Turnips

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Grow Peace Dance is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at grow-peace.blogspot.com.