Friday, April 10, 2009

Herbs Gone Wild

Check out these chamomiles!!! So naughty, self-seeding all over my herb garden from one little plant I bought last year! Eventually I'll have to pull out some of them, but for now I figure I might as well let them go crazy and have a good time. This year I'll just make sure to cut all of the flowers before they dry out. Which is fine, since you use the flowers to make tea anyway. I just didn't know that last year, thought they were cute, and let them stay on the plant. As you can see the result of that is like Mardi Gras on Bourbon Street for chamomile! I feel like I should throw them some beads.

In that pic you can also see the oregano is doing great. Unfortunately, the thyme & rosemary, not so much. (They're the brown stuff you probably can't see in the picture, since they blend in with the soil.)

I'm amazed at my tarragon too. Especially considering last year it was pulled completely out of the soil by some animal when it was still a tiny little plant. Luckily, I didn't give up on it and just replanted it in the soil. Now, look at it go!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Grow Peace Dance is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at grow-peace.blogspot.com.