Saturday, March 14, 2009

Second Week of March Update

I'm posting from outside in the garden right now!! Haha gotta love technology.

We put in two new raised beds on the other side of the yard today! I am so happy, I can hardly believe we managed to get it all done. It was a lot of work, but not as bad as last year. (at least right now. We'll see what my muscles say tomorrow!) Especially b/c last year we hurriedly buried a huge plank of wood underneath one pile of soil. Whoops! Had to shovel up the whole pile to slide the board out from underneath.

The compost pile, unfortnately, doesn't seem done. I was only able to get out a sprinkle. But, I worked in lots of cottonseed meal, lime and rock phosphate so hopefully that will help. I'm going to try to find some compost tea at the local nursery so I can put that in too.









And now we are on our way to Ikea to get a shelf (Gorm) for our growlight setup. Got full spectrum florescent lights, chain and hooks last night so all we need now is the shelf to hook it to. Hoping to get that done tonight.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Grow Peace Dance is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at grow-peace.blogspot.com.