Monday, October 27, 2008

Oh So Jolly Jester Marigolds

What a happy little bouquet these heirloom Jolly Jester Marigolds make. I picked up an envelope of these seeds from Seedsavers on a whim, and boy am I glad. Although they did take longer to grow and bloom than regular marigolds from the nursery, it was worth it once they really got going.

Below you can see how wild and tall they grew next to my solar powered frog fountain, which I didn't mind at all- no highly manicured, tight in the rows garden for me! They even lept over the fence and twined together with the equally wild tomatoes. The best part about the non-compactness of the plant was the flowers had longer stems than usual, so I was able to make it into the bouquet you see. I also have some drying on a screen for an attractive filler in lavender potpourri I plan to make soon.

1 comment:

Jen Treehugger said...

Oh they are BEAUTIFUL!!
You fountain's cute too. I just LOVE wild gardens.
:)

Creative Commons License
Grow Peace Dance is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at grow-peace.blogspot.com.