I used this recipe for the fried green tomatoes from Pamela Cooks! blog. Thanks Pamela.
Here is my own salsa "recipe" though I just make it to taste so I'm just guessing on the measurements:
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (it is much better if you have the time to do it by hand, not the food processor)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup finely chopped red or white onion, or scallions
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped italian green frying peppers (or bell)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- 1 or 2 cloves of minced garlic
- handful of roughly chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- teaspoon of cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and enjoy.
I ate them sitting outside next to the garden as part of a wonderful brunch on a gorgegous sunny Sunday. Pictured clockwise from the top: Grilled Smoky Tempeh (from Veganomicon) on a potato pancake topped with more salsa, swiss chard also grown in the garden sauteed with leftover smoky marinade, red onions and garlic, the green tomatoes, and a homemade white corn muffin. YUM!