Sunday, May 18, 2008

Black Raspberry


My brother, who is four years older than me, already has an established garden. He grows these wonderful black rasperry bushes and was kind enough to give me a cane as a housewarming gift when we first moved in at the end of March.

I planted it about two weeks later, a few feet out from the fence because of all the shade that is thrown off the fence. I also put the cinder blocks around it to keep out the weeds, although this is probably only temporary until I can get something nicer looking. He told me it would require some support, so I put the black flower "mini trellises" there- these were actually the sides from an old spice rack that broke, which I couldn't bear to throw away because they were so cute.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Grow Peace Dance is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at grow-peace.blogspot.com.